mugen chars, rare characters
Mugen | CHAT | New Years mugen challenge! - Page 2 - Forum | Registration | Login
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » general » General M.U.G.E.N Discussion » New Years mugen challenge! (My challenge for all of you out there.)
New Years mugen challenge!
sgn_15Date: Wednesday, 2011-12-28, 9:27 AM | Message # 16
God
Group: contributor
Awards: 4
Reproofs: 0%
so when does this start

HiryoDate: Wednesday, 2011-12-28, 1:31 PM | Message # 17
Knight
Awards: 1
Quote (sgn_15)
so when does this start

Since more people are not joining... IT STARTS NOW! I just finished with 1,229 sprites for this character... yeah... that is a lot of sprites.. and I am adding a theme to which all of you will make the character to... The character is a Nephilim. Meaning he is half human/half angel... I worked a LONG time on this model despite what I said about not using him for he WAS intended for my mugen project.. and may still be pending on how will the winner of the tournament does. =} I will be PMing all with a link to the sprites... The zipped file is 8.9 MB however, once unzipped it is 20 mb.... 20 mb of sprites... woot! No matter what your character will be over 40 mb when made... ^^

Added (2011-12-28, 12:35 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Websta)
Hahaha, Checked-Board-Man looks cool, but errrr.. He doesn't have any facial features or umm.. Well, yeah. But I'll just assume his in a costume or something XD

He does have a facial feature. However pending on how you color the pal you literally can make him look like anything. happy ANd thank you for saying he is cool... I was about to abandon him... My last attempt at what I was doing with him was to make him into a character called Chaos. Originally he was to be Entropy... I have no idea what to make my final boss look like... T_T

Added (2011-12-28, 12:37 PM)

Quote (Mugen_Boy)
Hey man i dont think you should make a non coder like me as a judge, so I say you put up some one else who is a good coder.
But I can help you by sticking this topic smile
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

I need a judge who is not biased to any form of character format and rather instead of looking at the character with a programmer eye or more so a mugen eye that to which is a gamer or outsider. You being a judge would be perfect. happy Need a judge of difference aspects and opinions so there is no bias. The other two judges I will find. I may ask V-Nix if he would be a judge since he is a character collector. That would leave one last judge.

Added (2011-12-28, 12:40 PM)
Oh, and people can still join in the tournament!!!! So if you wish to join please do so!!! happy

Added (2011-12-28, 1:02 PM)
I expect you guys to make the Nephilim to which is expectations of what a half-human, half-angel is...

A example of material you will be using. Also I added in some special effects to the sprites themselves just like how I did with my Izura. I hope to see this in action from one of you but with a lot of effects... cool

Added (2011-12-28, 1:31 PM)
I damaged my own sprites by being click happy in the gif animator.. Doh. >.< I sent all of you a link to the second upload that has the two fixed sprites... I should have uploaded them BEFORE I made the gif.. cry Sorry...

WebstaDate: Wednesday, 2011-12-28, 3:58 PM | Message # 18
Templar Knight
I wanna say one thing.. That's alota sprites, cool thing about that is that the characters are all gona different. Another thing Hiryo, Flying-Angel-Wingman is going to take alota time to make =\

sgn_15Date: Wednesday, 2011-12-28, 5:29 PM | Message # 19
God
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! thats too many sprites wacko wacko wacko
i will try my best to even align sprites. did not know it was going to be THIS tedious lol. but i guess i will try

WebstaDate: Wednesday, 2011-12-28, 5:45 PM | Message # 20
Templar Knight
Lmfao! Yeah, I know what you talking about sgn_15

Pingping08Date: Wednesday, 2011-12-28, 9:29 PM | Message # 21
Squire
Awards: 0
rofl I am putting them in folders so I can organize them

Added (2011-12-28, 9:13 PM)

I am trying my best to even align the sprites

Use Onion skin

Added (2011-12-28, 9:29 PM)
Can Someone help me code?
I watch videos, Bovery basicly ripped off KFM(Or was it someone else?) And mugenlord never completed his

PS I AM 14(Reason it says nine: I selected the wrong year)

WebstaDate: Wednesday, 2011-12-28, 10:35 PM | Message # 22
Templar Knight
@pingping08 I'm not sure if Hiryo will count this as cheating or anything. But to make your character designing easier, you can use a template. If you do a google search, I'm sure you'll find MvC or CvS templates. Those will keep your character in line, and prevent it from becoming a cheap piece of crap. But its JUST a template, and you WILL have to become innovative with the coding. But if you do it step by step, it should turn out good.

HiryoDate: Thursday, 2011-12-29, 0:16 AM | Message # 23
Knight
Quote (Websta)
@pingping08 I'm not sure if Hiryo will count this as cheating or anything. But to make your character designing easier, you can use a template. If you do a google search, I'm sure you'll find MvC or CvS templates. Those will keep your character in line, and prevent it from becoming a cheap piece of crap. But its JUST a template, and you WILL have to become innovative with the coding. But if you do it step by step, it should turn out good.

Not cheating to use a template or ask for tutorials or how to code certain things as long as he does it himself. =) All is fine...

Quote (Websta)
I wanna say one thing.. That's alota sprites, cool thing about that is that the characters are all gona different. Another thing Hiryo, Flying-Angel-Wingman is going to take alota time to make =\

I am sorry there are so many... he is 3D... =( There would have been over 2000 sprites if I gave you every single one... But another good thing about it is that all who join will make him different. happy I just hope all here know how to use angles and perspectives. Remember, when size change from stance his movement should be closer to camera. Meaning you have to lower his base more so then that of a bigger sprite to give it the 3D appeal as I have done with my Izura and other 3D characers.

Added (2011-12-29, 0:03 AM)

Quote (Pingping08)
Added (2011-12-28, 9:29 PM)
Can Someone help me code?
I watch videos, Bovery basicly ripped off KFM(Or was it someone else?) And mugenlord never completed his

I can give you a few characters as to which are basic templates that teach how to make moves and or attacks more so very easy to understand wqith details given as to which what each script does. As long as you do all the work yourself it is not cheating to ask others for help on learning or how to do something. =}
Quote (sgn_15)
i will try my best to even align sprites. did not know it was going to be THIS tedious lol. but i guess i will try

And it is not wacko... heck, honestly it is not enough.... you will have to add in your own sprites for special effects. ^^ Also, aligning can be done VERY fast.... But, PingPing08 is also right about onion skin. Helps out with such... 3D characters have to have more sprites for their movement is not simplistic like a drawing.... The frames must match.

Quote (Websta)

He is a Nephilim.. not a wing-man.. But thank you. =) A nephilim is half angel half human. In the read me within the file I included info about it.

Added (2011-12-29, 0:09 AM)

Quote (Websta)

I included some special effects I made for him, along with projectiles. You will find angel feathers there with some projectile sprites and more stuff... Now you guys can understand that the work I did with my previous characters was a LOT...

Quote (sgn_15)

It may be tedious but it gives you more perspective as to which I go through to make my characters. I make my own models, then convert the animations into sprites... then I color pal each sprite one at a time.... yeah... one at a time. cry For best quality reasons is why. Then I have to add the sprites into the character, make a sound file... Code the character, create the animations, Align all sprites, make a A.I.... and much, much more.. to all which I usually do on just one week of time if that.... THanks for being in the tournament everyone. I just hope all understand how difficult it is to do everything with 3D characters... but to me I see it as the future of mugen and the only way it will survive.. thus this tournament. I want to bring mugen back to life... cool

Added (2011-12-29, 0:12 AM)
Oh, and I add special effects into the sprites themselves.... if you want to know how to create effects to blend with this feature please feel free to ask me. Such as a feather being ontop of the sprite in a exact position then to form from him when he rises... Oh, the big and small character pictures are connected to his pal. Make sure you connect all to the pal that is to be with. 9000, 0 and 9000, 1. Everything is done for you sprite wise as of the character. Remember to get your own effects such has hit sparks and the like... cool

Added (2011-12-29, 0:16 AM)

Quote (Websta)
Lmfao! Yeah, I know what you talking about sgn_15

In the end it will pay off... happy Quality of a character comes from patience.... If you need MORE sprites let me know. I will gladly make more punches or kicks. Wing sprites though are a pain.. T_T For the wing is NOT a part of my model... I have it attached to him manually... and the layer is a mix. But if you need more wing sprites let me know as well.. wings are the most difficult. That is why I made it for only a super motion for you guys. I can not wait to see what all of you make... going to be so cool to see what other people can do with my models!!! cool I feel like a pimp selling out my models.. hahaha

sgn_15Date: Thursday, 2011-12-29, 9:27 AM | Message # 24
God
i will try my best. not promising anything. never coded a char with THAT much sprites. aligning is the first step
dude looks like beard-less chuck norris

HiryoDate: Thursday, 2011-12-29, 9:35 AM | Message # 25
Knight
Quote (sgn_15)
i will try my best. not promising anything. never coded a char with THAT much sprites. aligning is the first step
dude looks like beard-less chuck norris

HAHAHA!!! I was thinking someone would say Kyo Kusanagi since the general appearance of him is based on that. =) Very funny and thanks. I seen your Fairy tale characters and like your style very much indeed. Oh, and I noticed something... Your Gildartz that you want so bad is actually already in your hands. You can edit Jose Porla's sprites. I am not much for 2D sprite editing but it could easily be done! If you look at the stance of Jose and his general appearance you will see what I mean and if you know of a 2D sprite editor that is rather good in quality... Could be a good shot for same style sprites of Gildartz. happy Just a thought...

WebstaDate: Saturday, 2011-12-31, 2:23 AM | Message # 26
Templar Knight
Hiryoooooooo, how many people are in the competition? Is it only sgn_15 and myself? Or have other signed up via PM?

cliffalphonseDate: Saturday, 2011-12-31, 4:57 AM | Message # 27
Templar Knight
Awards: 2
where are the sprites

WebstaDate: Saturday, 2011-12-31, 5:55 AM | Message # 28
Templar Knight
Hiryo will hook you up with those after you tell him you're gona sign up (which you probably wanna do)

HiryoDate: Saturday, 2011-12-31, 7:26 AM | Message # 29
Knight
Quote (cliffalphonse)
where are the sprites

If you are of the competition you get the sprite pack.

Quote (Websta)
Hiryoooooooo, how many people are in the competition? Is it only sgn_15 and myself? Or have other signed up via PM?

So far only four people. You, SGN_15, PingPing08, and Leonheart "though he joined in pm from youtube". I am currently going to make a new post to which I will try and get get more people to join from as well to which will ask people on who I should make considering I just went back to Sub-Zero and will have him finished within 4 days. 3D sub-zero with a unique fighting style and move list... =) No stupid ice clones, no ice shower... more original and now will have ACTUAL attacks from the Mortal Kombat movies. =} Main issue I am having is making the ice sword... =( More will join I hope so no worries Websta... ^^

sgn_15Date: Saturday, 2011-12-31, 9:04 AM | Message # 30
God
Hiryo, are all people coding the same sprites ?

Added (2011-12-31, 9:04 AM)
also, i have classes starting jan4 already, so i am going to be super slow in progress

Forum » general » General M.U.G.E.N Discussion » New Years mugen challenge! (My challenge for all of you out there.)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Create a free website with uCoz