mugen chars, rare characters
Mugen | CHAT | 3D mugen game project. - Forum | Registration | Login
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » general » General M.U.G.E.N Discussion » 3D mugen game project. (Possible assistance?)
3D mugen game project.
HiryoDate: Tuesday, 2011-12-20, 6:22 AM | Message # 1
Knight
Group: contributor
Awards: 1
Reproofs: 0%
I am making characters for a all 3D mugen project with a original system. However, Due to the time it takes me to make the characters I have no time to make stages or anything else... let alone a mugen screen pack for it.... So, I would like to ask all or just anyone if they would like to co-op with me on this project... Also if you would like to make characters that is fine as well considering I can not just make 3D models for originals I can also rip from almost any game. Literally. So in essence... I am asking if anyone in anyway would like to join me on this project. If you wish to make a character, the character has to be of the same style to which the other 9 characters I have made for my project so far are. The game will consist of characters from Tekken, Street Fighter, Eternal Champions, Originals, Final Fantasy, and many namco/capcom titles along with some not so well known fighting game titles. I am even making Tomba for my game. Here is a video that shows somewhat the style of gameplay for it so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8v8AmjfI_U

The gameplay style may change since I was already told that my low res looks are not liked... Well, three people told me this that tested my characters so far. The reason for the low res is because hi-res makes the size of my characters much more. Izura for example is already 62.9 MB... If I were to change him to using hi-res super effects and the like, he would probably go above 80MB to even almost 100MB. I really do not want that... Sort of hoping for ideas on how to use hi-res effects without size cost. I digress on this and shall continue with the main ideal of this topic. I am asking for partners... You can be a beginner or a expert. does not matter. I can teach anyway if your a beginner. I just need extra help so I am not clustered with so many characters to make let alone having other peoples' opinions and more so ideas is much better then just everything from one person. Since I am not really making these characters for myself, would make most sense to ask others what I should do with my project and more so characters. If anyone helps me you get full grabs on ALL material I have. Meaning, all characters, sprites, stage image gifs if your into stage making, just everything. It takes me in general... almost a whole week to maybe a week and a half to make a character complete and that is starting from nothing. Any form of help or support would be most gracious if anyone considers it. I can only work on one character at a time and because of that I have had to stop progress on MANY characters already being formed. I am currently making models for originals and ripping Batman from the game Batman: Arkham city and a special someone from Devil May Cry 4. I never ripped from a NON-Fighting game so I am going to give it a shot. The results so far are really good. =) Main issue is keeping each rip in same proportion of size...And same perspective. The original model I am making is for a character I am naming Fenrir. He will be rather large character with the ability to use a a halbred.. Or axe.. I have yet to decide on the weapon of choice. Anywho.. not sure if anyone will be willing to join me on my project.. but if you want to, PLEASE MESSAGE ME!!!!

GozarDate: Tuesday, 2011-12-20, 6:41 AM | Message # 2
Hero
Awards: 0
I'll see if i can do anything for you. happy

Dora, Dora, Dora, the explorer! >:3

HiryoDate: Tuesday, 2011-12-20, 6:59 AM | Message # 3
Knight
Quote (Gozar)
I'll see if i can do anything for you. happy

In which would you like to assist me on my project with? =) Anything is helpful. But as for characters, they must all be balanced and of the same style. I use a special A.I algorithm that entrances the vars so always they set up to be active with no relay. And to which the move set up can not be over whelming. No cheap or any form of instant high damage. Each character must also have a weakness. Some way they are flawed to which another would have a advantage against. So no one character can be good at everything. It would ruin the game. And as for stages... ANY STAGES that are original is much appreciated. But mainly would want stages that deal with historical time zones and or dark areas... and nature. For my game is going to give re-birth to the Eternal Champions. When I make them all 3D. ^^ So, a stage such as on a Pirate ship or a stage as in a war zone... etc. Not 2D stages though because they seem to look odd with 3D characters. As for a mugen screen pack.. I have no clue... The one I was making is... horrible to be honest. If a screen pack could be made for it I would be very happy.... And thank you for your offer!!! ^^ I just need to know in which area you would be willing to help me in.

GozarDate: Tuesday, 2011-12-20, 7:12 AM | Message # 4
Hero
Quote (Hiryo)
In which would you like to assist me on my project with?

One very important word. ONI.

HiryoDate: Tuesday, 2011-12-20, 7:22 AM | Message # 5
Knight
Quote (Gozar)
One very important word. ONI.

Here is the reason I did not rip him.... His aura overlays the character. So when I rip it the aura would be with the image as well. And as such would cause much issues. And he is not to which I would want in my game project.. I CAN rip him and just give someone the sprites and let them make the character... But I do not want such in my game for many reasons. That is why I made my Akuma/Gouki with a oni mode. Though it looks nothing like Oni really it does give reflection to which is the power of Oni. Not as such being Oni... it is like a mode change as in with normal and shin.... It is easy to rip him... But as I mentioned the main issue is the Aura. It would conflict with a lot of sprites.. and would look odd in many cases unless I used cheat engine and removed the aura completely... Then rip the sprites..... Which would still be of no matter to me considering I do not want him in my mugen project. I am sorry. If you want the sprites I can do that no problem... But as for making him, I do not wish to do so.

GozarDate: Tuesday, 2011-12-20, 7:28 AM | Message # 6
Hero
Well, can you make him? Then give him to me? You are better at this than i am. He does not need to go in your final product. And also, make Oni mode, Shin mode. Just blue skin creeps me out. So, if it isn't trouble, replace oni mode, if he isn't going to look like oni. So, shin fit's better for what you are implying. And one final thing, Oni mode only has one gameplay difference.

HiryoDate: Tuesday, 2011-12-20, 7:39 AM | Message # 7
Knight
Quote (Gozar)
Well, can you make him? Then give him to me? You are better at this than i am. He does not need to go in your final product. And also, make Oni mode, Shin mode. Just blue skin creeps me out. So, if it isn't trouble, replace oni mode, if he isn't going to look like oni. So, shin fit's better for what you are implying. And one final thing, Oni mode only has one gameplay difference.

Actually no... Oni mode has a different move list set up. As I have explained before.... but... in a lot ways your right and was a stupid suggestion of me to try and make a Oni mode to which does not include the actual Oni's moves... T_T I did not want those moves on him for the reason is he is not Oni. The story line of my game project would not make sense to which him being able to be as such "Oni".... So rather I made a "mode" to which would increase power and such. His speed is increased along with some special move changes and added super moves. Again, as you stated was not a wise decision due to the blue making him look rather strange.... For now I am leaving it as that till a future time... If one other person suggests I remove it then I will immediately. Mainly the "Mode" was added to create him as a type and or form of sub boss for the street fighter characters to which I am going to have in it.. =( I could make Oni.. but it would put my own project behind.. that is why I really as of now do not wish to make him. Unless I had of course added help to which someone was working on a character then I could blip off some time to rip and then create him.... Honestly though I do not wish to make Oni.... The character itself is a mockery of us in the mugen community. Capcom has done it many times with us. Such as Dee from Darkstalkers. Another mockery of us. A head swap of Dimitree. Oh, and I AM going to make a 3D Dimitree and Gallon "Jon Talbain"... However Gallon will have the ability to change into a wolf and human... I am adding in Yugo so... I decided to make a Original Gallon to match off against Yugo when I go to make them. Both can turn into wolves. =)

Message edited by Hiryo - Tuesday, 2011-12-20, 7:41 AM

GozarDate: Tuesday, 2011-12-20, 7:45 AM | Message # 8
Hero
I cannot see added damage in Oni mode. And also, the only added super is that one where he punches them in a dropdown sort of way. It was a really cool move though. What i am saying, is add a couple more supers. And how is oni a mockery? That's like calling SSJ Goku a mockery.

HiryoDate: Tuesday, 2011-12-20, 8:52 AM | Message # 9
Knight
Quote (Gozar)
I cannot see added damage in Oni mode. And also, the only added super is that one where he punches them in a dropdown sort of way. It was a really cool move though. What i am saying, is add a couple more supers. And how is oni a mockery? That's like calling SSJ Goku a mockery.

Oni is a mockery because it was not their original idea from Capcom.. it came from us.. literally. Same as Dee from Darkstalkers. I do not know anything of SSJ Goku or even what that is... And as for added damage he can relay additional attacks as pretense in other modes could not. And not just the super... As for what would be EX moves that cost gauge in other modes it does not cost anything in Oni mode. There are a lot of changes actually which I am sorry you did not see or perceive in total... Please take your time when going through the four modes. Each one has changes. Not a lot.. but some. Also Oni mode has four additional supers.. not just one. =\ And thank you for saying it was cool. ^^ I thought I was sloppy because I am lacking a lot of sprites. I did a very bad job when I ripped him.... =(

GozarDate: Tuesday, 2011-12-20, 8:55 AM | Message # 10
Hero
NICE! Tell me how to do the other four! And what they are. Also just did the hyper cannon drill for eternal champion in the air. Making him jump off walls like that is awesome. That was very ninja of you. And Goku is from DBZ.

Message edited by Gozar - Wednesday, 2011-12-21, 1:16 AM

HiryoDate: Tuesday, 2011-12-20, 9:36 AM | Message # 11
Knight
Quote (Gozar)
NICE! Tell me how to do the other four! And what they are. Also just did the hyper cannon drill for eternal champion in the air. Making him jump off walls like that is awesome. That was very ninja of you. And Giko is from DBZ.

His color pal changes vars. pending on which costume you choose will give him a different command list. Just like with Eternal CHampion. Except with him he literally is a completely different character. Choose the Eternal Champion with the medium kick. He will be in his elemental form. Which also has a very unique A.I. Not as good to which is Standard mode. But different. And thank you very much for the compliment. The Eternal Champion though is what I call a copy cat character. Not much on him is original. =/ He is meant to have learned fighting from all the ages of man by observing.. thus not much on him would be unique. But he DOES have some original stuff.. just not much. For if you played with him a bit you would have noticed his neutral state has a lot of Cammy like moves. Which is exactly what they are. he has her Cannon drill. Just in a different way he does it. Play around with him and you will see that he as a HUGE list of moves. There is a debug command you can do that forces his neutral to change into elemental. I have it set up to only be done when near death so the debug command could actually be used just like a actual move. Down, Down, down, x+y when low on health and two super gauges. It will kill himself only to resurrect into another element and then partially heal. BUT ONLY in his standard mode. Try out more of Akuma and Eternal Champion.. you will be surprised.. Also the A.I only move for the Eternal CHampion can only be done by a human player when your in the Earth Element. It is a normal special move for a human player in Earth.

GozarDate: Tuesday, 2011-12-20, 9:48 AM | Message # 12
Hero
Sweet, sweet. But what I'm here for is the other 4 akuma moves. Gimme the commands. I've tried everything in the CMD.

HiryoDate: Tuesday, 2011-12-20, 9:49 AM | Message # 13
Knight
Quote (Gozar)
Sweet, sweet. But what I'm here for is the other 4 akuma moves. Gimme the commands. I've tried everything in the CMD.

Hahaha... Not everything is in the CMD... if you look at is Tetsukin, his actual commands for it are in the CNS, not the CMD.... not all his attacks are in the CMD file. =} Have fun and play around with him.. you will find out eventually.

Mugen_BoyDate: Tuesday, 2011-12-20, 6:02 PM | Message # 14
God Of Animation
Awards: 6
Dude gozar, he was actually asking for help and here all of a sudden, you're asking things from him
do that in pm if possible.

HiryoDate: Tuesday, 2011-12-20, 6:33 PM | Message # 15
Knight
Quote (Mugen_Boy)
Dude gozar, he was actually asking for help and here all of a sudden, you're asking things from him
do that in pm if possible.

Thanks. ^^ I really am asking for any form of help.

Forum » general » General M.U.G.E.N Discussion » 3D mugen game project. (Possible assistance?)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Create a free website with uCoz