mugen chars, rare characters
Mugen | CHAT | MUGEN 1.0 Resolution - Forum | Registration | Login
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » general » General M.U.G.E.N Discussion » MUGEN 1.0 Resolution (A small guide on changing MUGEN 1.0's resolution.)
MUGEN 1.0 Resolution
kenshinx0Date: Wednesday, 2011-10-19, 10:12 AM | Message # 1
Squire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Reproofs: 0%
Hey Guys,

I've noticed that someone on here did not want to switch over to MUGEN 1.0 from WinMUGEN because they couldn't figure out how to change their screen resolution. That go me thinking ... "If this is why one person refused to switch over for the longest time, then I wonder if anyone else is having this issue?"

So here's a little something to remedy that should you be having this problem. To change MUGEN 1.0's resolution is fairly simple:

So basically there's a data folder off the root of your MUGEN installation. In that data folder is a file called mugen.cfg. Edit this and find the line [Config]. This is the start of new section. After a couple lines under that, there's two lines that are similar to:

GameWidth = 640
GameHeight = 480

Your values are probably going to be different. So change those two to your desired resolution.

There's also a [Video] section. That was Width and Height. Don't get confused by these because they do the same thing. You can comment them out by placing a ";" (Semicolon) before the two lines for Width and Height. If these two lines are uncommented, your resolution will switch to those values instead of the ones mentioned above: GameWidth and GameHeight.

Hope it helps some.

P.S. I was asked to post here by a mod because the Mugen Help Section is "dead" according to said mod.

それを見つけるためにあなたの仕事です。

Mugen_BoyDate: Wednesday, 2011-10-19, 7:12 PM | Message # 2
God Of Animation
Group: contributor
Awards: 6
Sticked it, btw the Mugen help section isnt actually dead but I think the mods were offline for some time, so the thread could not be sticked.
Oh and thx for the tutorial

kenshinx0Date: Wednesday, 2011-10-19, 7:16 PM | Message # 3
Squire
Ah, I see. No problem, hope it helps smile

それを見つけるためにあなたの仕事です。

2613255Date: Tuesday, 2012-02-28, 10:11 AM | Message # 4
Adult
very nice.. i use 1,0 now.. happy

striderhienDate: Tuesday, 2012-03-27, 6:56 AM | Message # 5
Archangel
Awards: 4
i think this isn't the only reason ppl won't upgrade theyr mugen
in mugen 1.0 they implemented many things (victory screen and stuff)
and old screenpacks aren't fully working on it.
changing the screenpack and adding quote for each char is what used to keep me away from mugen 1.0
but since my old mugen was lost when i restarted i was glad that i could start with 1.0...
already knowing about gamewidth and length i didn't know if i wanted to keep it widescreen or not... after a lot of searching i decided that there aren't good screenpacks for widescreen and it plays better in 640x480.

ps: i was writing all of this just to distract myself from the slowness of a download

pps: shouldn't this be in the mugen beginner section instead of tutorial or general discussion?

kenshinx0Date: Tuesday, 2012-03-27, 7:00 AM | Message # 6
Squire
striderhien, Well I wrote that in case anyone was having issues with that. It was one specific case. I'd never assume that everyone was not wanting to switch because of that reason and only that reason. That would be foolish on by part. As for moving it ... not sure where it really belongs. It was an oddball thing to be honest. :P

それを見つけるためにあなたの仕事です。

Leo5848Date: Sunday, 2012-04-22, 7:18 PM | Message # 7
Angel
Awards: 1
Quote (striderhien)
changing the screenpack and adding quote for each char is what used to keep me away from mugen 1.0

Mugen 1.0 is a lot better and far improved than winmugen. I can edit it completely.

corruptedsoul99Date: Friday, 2012-06-15, 1:39 AM | Message # 8
Adult
yeah winmugen is essentially useless

Forum » general » General M.U.G.E.N Discussion » MUGEN 1.0 Resolution (A small guide on changing MUGEN 1.0's resolution.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Create a free website with uCoz