mugen chars, rare characters
Mugen | CHAT | Pokemon Trainer WIP - Forum | Registration | Login
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » MUGEN related » mugen wip » Pokemon Trainer WIP (Just another SSBB char)
Pokemon Trainer WIP
MGSSJ2Date: Monday, 2009-09-21, 8:26 AM | Message # 1
Mystic Coder
Group: contributor
Awards: 5
Reproofs: 0%
The Pokemon Trainer from Super Smash Bros Brawl game, it's gonna be in MUGEN thanks to me (unless somebody already has made it and I never knew it... ). I am making SSBB chars and I never played the game, I shall be crazy...
The char is going to be a Pokemon Trainer standing back there, which will use 3 different pokémons that you can change in middle of battle: Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. Hopefully I will be able to make them with different life each one, but dunno how... MUGEN engine will give me the answer soon LOL.
They will not have much attacks, cos they are missing sprites. Maybe 3 or 4 by pok- wait, in Pokemon, they have 4 attacks max... OK each one will have 4 attacks.

Pic (all sprites by JoshR691):
VS Pic (by AbyssWolf):

Actual progress of char: 1%? (I already had fixed the sprites so I can rip them... Gotta finish Taisuke soon).

asrwgmDate: Monday, 2009-09-21, 7:06 PM | Message # 2
Archangel
Awards: 6
Its good to see something new being made, good luck with it dude.

Btw, when will Super Amy be released?

buyDate: Monday, 2009-09-21, 7:19 PM | Message # 3
Angel
Group: Administrators
Awards: 2
Sprites look great.

MGSSJ2Date: Monday, 2009-09-21, 7:43 PM | Message # 4
Mystic Coder
Quote (asrwgm)
when will Super Amy be released?

After I finish this one I will start working on her.

MGSSJ2Date: Tuesday, 2009-09-22, 6:50 AM | Message # 5
Mystic Coder
EDIT: After thinking about it, looking at my sprites, SSBB videos and guides, and the moves from the 3 pokes, I come up with this movelist. What do you say?

Ivysaur:
Vine Whip
Razor Leaf
Bullet Seed
Solarbeam

Charizard:
Flamethrower
Slash
Rock Smash
Earthquake

Squirtle:
Water Gun
Withdraw
Waterfall/Surf
Rain Dance

Wait, there's the Final Smash too. The 3 pokes will come out at the same time and will attack with their most powerful elemental attacks (Solarbeam, Flamethrower, and Water Gun).

asrwgmDate: Tuesday, 2009-09-22, 5:27 PM | Message # 6
Archangel
Wow, so you are really thinking of making this as close as possible to its SSBB incarnation.

MGSSJ2Date: Wednesday, 2009-09-23, 9:02 PM | Message # 7
Mystic Coder
Not really. In SSBB they have a lot of different attacks, combos and throws. Mines will use only specials, like any Pokemon in the Pokemon games.

EDIT: Char is at 10%. I think I found a way to keep the 3 chars like helpers, but it will be really hard, and will take me a good time. Maybe in 2 weeks I will get him finished... I confirmed the movelist, it's like the above one, but instead of Rain Dance Squirtle will have Waterfall and Surf.
Well... Let's keep it on.

squirrelkingDate: Wednesday, 2009-09-23, 11:23 PM | Message # 8
The Chosen One
Awards: 1
Quote (MGSSJ2)
Char is at 10%. I think I found a way to keep the 3 chars like helpers, but it will be really hard, and will take me a good time. Maybe in 2 weeks I will get him finished... I confirmed the movelist, it's like the above one, but instead of Rain Dance Squirtle will have Waterfall and Surf.
Well... Let's keep it on.

it takes a lot of creators 2 weeks to create normal chars, thats not bad

My site

MGSSJ2Date: Wednesday, 2009-09-23, 11:44 PM | Message # 9
Mystic Coder
Quote (buy)
You are the fastest creator on mugen history.

He said it, and maybe he's right.

EDIT: or maybe I have too much free time? I always do homework in school, and waste 90% of my free time in the PC.

asrwgmDate: Thursday, 2009-09-24, 4:05 AM | Message # 10
Archangel
At least your not as lazy as I am, it takes me a week or so to get the 60% of the char done, & then its time to get lazy lol..

MGSSJ2Date: Thursday, 2009-09-24, 4:55 AM | Message # 11
Mystic Coder
LOL I put an hard effort since last post and worked on the char non stopping. Now I finally got the 3 pokemon system to work.
I started with Ivysaur attacks; Razor Leaf, Bullet Seed and Vine Whip are done. SolarBeam will be chargable. Let's say char is 50% done, cos I finished the hard thing: make 3 chars inside one with helpers that can change themselves in mid-battle and still having their life intact when back. But char still haves his bad things:

- Opponent turns when Pokemon Trainer is nearest than the Pokemon (don't know how to fix).
- Bad effect when entering the PokeBall (it needs using of transparency, what I don't know how to use sad ).
- Pokes don't jump (why they shall jump? They won't do any air attacks, and I'm missing sprites. Maybe I will make Charizard able to fly though...).
- Squirtle walk sprites are horrible (edited by me basing on other Squirtle sprites).
- Pokes can't enter custom states, nor fall (HitOverride limitations.)

I think these are all bad things for now. I want to thank CloudStrife, cos he helped me in getting SSBB sound effects and voices. That's all for today, I think char will be finished in 3-4 days more. See ya.

MGSSJ2Date: Tuesday, 2009-09-29, 4:43 AM | Message # 12
Mystic Coder
LOL it were like 2 or 3 days within update (Mozilla failed me again in login). I finished coding all the switch thing, but, as said before, chars will not take speed modifying when hit, will not fall, or enter CustomStates. They won't have Stamina system too, it's stupid. Also finished Squirtle and Ivysaur attacks, only missing Charizard attacks, then add Triple Finish, then add Pokemon voices, then upload cool .

MGSSJ2Date: Sunday, 2009-10-04, 8:50 AM | Message # 13
Mystic Coder
Sorry for the triple post, but char is near being finished.
I haven't worked on it for some days, but today I finished Charizard attacks and made Triple Finish. Just missing some fixes in the attack, then voices, then it will be ready. Just missing a bit.

Sou-BotDate: Sunday, 2009-10-04, 1:23 PM | Message # 14
Angel
Awards: 4
Reproofs: 100%
why dont ya just give us a link to try it be4 its done

If anyone felt insulted or attacked by someone here then tell me bout it and show me some proofs and ill see what i can do, we wanna keep it friendly here

MGSSJ2Date: Monday, 2009-10-05, 0:10 AM | Message # 15
Mystic Coder
Released:
http://mugencharacters.ucoz.com/forum/15-902-1

Forum » MUGEN related » mugen wip » Pokemon Trainer WIP (Just another SSBB char)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Create a free website with uCoz