mugen chars, rare characters
Mugen | CHAT | Cam Studio / Virtual Dub - Forum | Registration | Login
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Mugen videos » mugen video tutorials » Cam Studio / Virtual Dub (An awesome free video/audio recording duo)
Cam Studio / Virtual Dub
JayteeDate: Saturday, 2011-04-16, 0:45 AM | Message # 1
Adult
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Reproofs: 0%
I would have posted this in the topic about recording MUGEN videos, but I didn't want to revive another old thread. Heh. This combination wasn't mentioned, so I thought I'd share it here. I use Cam Studio in combination with Virtual Dub. They basically work hand-in-hand to sync the video and audio components together because that was the one thing I was struggling with the most.

First thing's first, for Windows 7 users, this will be helpful if you're having trouble recording audio.

01. Click Start
02. Go into your Control Panel
03. Click Hardware and Sound
04. Under Sound, go to Manage audio devices
05. Finally, under the Recording tab, right click and Show Disabled Devices

For me, Stereo Mix pops up, so I enabled that, and the sound was able to record! However, it was out of sync with the video. That took some tweaking, but I eventually got it to work just fine.

In CamStudio, you'll need to adjust the settings so that the quality of the video is good first and foremost, but not better than your computer can handle. Otherwise, the recording will come out looking really choppy. After that, you adjust the audio and try to get it to match up the best you can. You may not even have to touch it at all!

Under Options / Video Options, I have adjusted the quality to be 75, capture frames every 30 milliseconds, and playback rate 33 frames/second.

After I record what I need to record, I save it (obviously) and wait for everything to render. It shouldn't take long. Then I go into Virtual Dub and follow these steps.

01. Open the video you just recorded
02. Click Video and choose Direct Stream Copy
03. Go into Frame Rate...
04. Under Source rate adjustment, choose Change so video and audio durations match
05. Make sure that under Audio, Direct Stream Copy and Source Audio are both marked (that should be the default)
06. Save as AVI, and you should be good to go!

Cam Studio is free software. Virtual Dub is also free. That way, you don't have to worry about buying anything or worrying about downloading things from questionable websites that may give you viruses. These two downloads are located on their host sites, and again...they're free.

And here is a quality test for you just to show you how it records. Pretty nice, yeah? smile

If anyone decides to use these two programs and need any help, just let me know. smile

Message edited by Jaytee - Saturday, 2011-04-16, 0:48 AM

Mugen_BoyDate: Saturday, 2011-04-16, 8:31 AM | Message # 2
God Of Animation
Group: contributor
Awards: 6
Thanks for the tutorial Jaytee

mugenfan99Date: Saturday, 2011-04-16, 7:03 PM | Message # 3
Squire
very nice tutorial Jaytee. oh and I'm curious, does cam studio ever have problems when you start the program? Fraps does sometimes.

JayteeDate: Sunday, 2011-04-17, 0:10 AM | Message # 4
Adult
Like what kinds of problems? From what I've experienced, none have ever popped up for me. As soon as I downloaded it, it was ready to go! smile

Forum » Mugen videos » mugen video tutorials » Cam Studio / Virtual Dub (An awesome free video/audio recording duo)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Create a free website with uCoz