[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Overlord Laharl
tora2Date: Thursday, 2012-05-24, 8:11 AM | Message # 1
The Chosen One
Group: Blocked
Awards: 3
Reproofs: 0%
WOO HOO yeah thats right hes being made and who else better to make him than myself? ok so he doesn't have alot done, he has most of his required sprites besides a crouch , guard, jump, landing, and stuff like that. its being sprited for me.

anyways here is his first attack Blade rush its a normal move the damage will be increased this was for testing purposes, and such. This attack might need some minor tweaks but its basically done. I am now working on a super version of Blade rush.

Some things about this character.

Laharl is the Son of King Krichevskoy one of the former rulers of one of the netherworlds (there are multiple ones) He was woken up from a 2 year sleep by etna only to find his father Had died. With his father gone Laharl is now the heir to the throne but many demons wanted to stop him from achieving that goal so the whole story is basically Laharls rise to power as well as maturing a bit. he has 2 Main Vassals named Etna and Flonne. Etna used to be loyal to Laharls father which is the one reason she somewhat serves him. Flonne is an angel sent from celestia on a fake mission who joins Laharl and serves him for awhile. He has some others but they aren't all that important in future plots. He also has TONS of prinnys who work for him as well.

After the main game that was his the rest of the disgaea titles change to other worlds Laharl is present in them all only to try to steal the Main character role for himself by trying to kill you. He is also recruitable in every disgaea game. Normally near the end of the game. he has made many other cameo party appearances but i won't get into that. Besides this one since his sprites are from that game.

These sprites come from La Pucelle Ragnarok. he was a cameo party member as well as etna flonne and prinny. Anyway enough about his bio I will answer anything else you guys wanna know but lets get on to the gif of his attack.

this actually looks alot better now as i have a crouch so he doesn't blink now.

next is rune dimension a level 3 attack you have time to hit him before he charges his sword up with the energy if you do not in short terms you are screwed if you hit him it cancels the move and he wasted 3 bars of power'

this also looks alot better now these gifs are simply rough drafts of the attack meaning not the final thing the effect is way better now and the vels are fixed.

also I will not be giving him a japanese voice only english so if you do not like it you can just deal with it. I alredy ripped his sounds from every game appearance hes been in as well as disgaea sound effect attacks :). I do not like his japanese it sounds so fake to me. I am now working on overlords wrath and meteor impact I will post gifs of those as well as the updated ones for these 2 attacks and more when its done.

look forward to him unlike Larxene this will actually get done. Being I am a HUUUUGE fan of the character.

Xeno: It's like putting the number one in my alphabet soup, it's criminal.

Message edited by tora2 - Thursday, 2012-05-24, 8:12 AM

_____kEnt_xDDate: Thursday, 2012-05-24, 8:24 AM | Message # 2
The Chosen One
Group: contributor
Awards: 1
good luck, also, can i ask how do u do those gifs?

tora2Date: Friday, 2012-05-25, 3:32 AM | Message # 3
The Chosen One
Well I use Camtasia

I record my attack for the gif to show, save the video then use camtasia again in the studio part of it. put the video in. Go to Produce as then find GIF. Press next next ect till you get to the last one then save and then I just upload my image to a website to use.

Alternatively if you have a recording software you could also use GIF NINJA a bit lower quality but its what i used before i got camtasia.

Added (2012-05-25, 3:32 AM)
---------------------------------------------
UPDATE TIME

Laharl now has Basic movements crouch jump guard ect,

I have updated Rune dimension fixed vels and also got a way better effect thanks to Ryon

Meteor impact is now coded took awhile but i got it First I will show the new rune dimension

now is meteor impact

explanation of the move if you cant tell alredy, You do a super pause to start out Laharl does a slash if the slash connects then it puts p2 in a shall we say useless state moving them to the center of the stage setting them up for meteor impact, if you miss or the opponent guards with this slash however you waste 3 bars of power and it cancels the move leaving you open. the slash may change once my spriter finishes more slash sprites.

next up is overlords wrath.

ScorpionDate: Friday, 2012-05-25, 3:38 AM | Message # 4
The Chosen One
Wooo meteor impact Looks nice man happy Nice blade rush to

are you gonna add blazing knuckle and Overlord's Wrath as well?

tora2Date: Friday, 2012-05-25, 3:39 AM | Message # 5
The Chosen One
next up is overlords wrath.

and yes blazing knuckle will be in there as well of course.

ScorpionDate: Friday, 2012-05-25, 3:42 AM | Message # 6
The Chosen One
o.... did not read sorry

I can't wait to see his combos though sense disgaea characters don't really have any just big huge supers lol

GL on him

tora2Date: Friday, 2012-05-25, 3:49 AM | Message # 7
The Chosen One
well ill show those off after my spriter actually makes them.

abdullahsaurusDate: Friday, 2012-05-25, 10:11 AM | Message # 8
Archangel
Awards: 7
Reproofs: 40%
Sweet char and also can you send me that meteor sprite please

Thank You Mugen Boy For Avatar

tora2Date: Friday, 2012-05-25, 10:27 AM | Message # 9
The Chosen One
I took the meteor sprite from Jecht from final fantasy go find him.

revan6737Date: Friday, 2012-05-25, 10:40 AM | Message # 10
The Chosen One
Awards: 2
This looks amazing especially the meteor impact best of luck on him.

Lmfao ^

tora2Date: Friday, 2012-05-25, 10:51 AM | Message # 11
The Chosen One
ty its still a rough draft it will be even better once its fully done.

• Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Create a free website with uCoz