mugen chars, rare characters
Mugen | CHAT | Whats the enjoyment out of unfair characters? - Forum | Registration | Login
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » general » General M.U.G.E.N Discussion » Whats the enjoyment out of unfair characters? (Im just curious)
Whats the enjoyment out of unfair characters?
tora2Date: Saturday, 2012-05-26, 2:42 PM | Message # 1
The Chosen One
Group: Blocked
Awards: 3
Reproofs: 0%
I have been a member here for awhile and the majority of you seem to just freak out when your favorite char is made even if it is unfair and cheap. let me explain this. I do not understand your point of view.

Ok so say an awesome character gets made but the coding for the character is terrible why is there fun in this?

its mainly with naruto characters, on this site you guys think anything is good as long as it kills things... I don't get it. Have any of you ever actually played fighting games? do you understand the concept of balance? do you understand why its no fun to play with a character when theres no challenge to winning? I have wondered what is wrong with the community here for awhile. lets go over some examples.

1. a character spams attacks like no tomorrow with no limit, ok so why is that fun is it fun to just throw shurikens fireballs or w/e else at an enemy to kill them? NO it is not wheres the joy in spamming one move to assure victory. I have heard the argument oh but you have the choice to do it and the ai doesn't do it so why does it matter? WELL the reason it matters is you should not even be given the choice to do something like that. imagine if you played a fighting game and all you had to do was spam one move to win every fight would get pretty boring eh? next.

2. A character has godly super attacks for example an attack that has like no warning its coming or always hits or even instant kills the opponent. WHY IS THAT FUN? anyone could win with that even a child i could let a 5 year old play with some of these characters and they would destroy everything because its so damn easy. Why is it fun to just win all the time using overpowered supers/jutsus? Or even being able to just use them over and over again. thats not fun at all.

3. unblockable attacks with no way of dodging. ok so how in the hell is this fair in any way shape or form. you do a punch and if they guard it, it breaks through. WTF that just screams cheap. Why would you enjoy no challenge from even BASIC attacks. the only way unblockable unavoidable attacks works somewhat fairly is by having time to cancel the opponent out of it.

theres so many more examples i could give so so many. but I just don't get it the actual naruto games aren't this cheap have any of you played them? they are actually pretty fair compared to most of the crap on this site. not everything is crap but 80% is. I swear the only one who understands the concept of balance is Sgn here. I think MGssj2 is getting the hang of it but really. Explain to me how its any fun to just kill everything with no chance of loss I would love to now your guys views on this cause it makes no sense to me.

Do alot of you suck at fighting games so much you need to resort to cheap characters to win to make yourselves feel special? is that it? idk plz explain cause most of you make no sense whatsoever.

I made this thread cause I am seriously confused whats wrong with most of the community here.

Xeno: It's like putting the number one in my alphabet soup, it's criminal.

Leo116Date: Saturday, 2012-05-26, 3:13 PM | Message # 2
Angel
Group: contributor
Awards: 1
tora2, I agree with the your points most of the naruto characters don't have balance and there are supers that kill the enemy in one hit.

tora2Date: Saturday, 2012-05-26, 3:24 PM | Message # 3
The Chosen One
well at least you understand what im saying. I don't get it. why do people enjoy this stuff? wheres the fun.

N1nYoDate: Saturday, 2012-05-26, 3:28 PM | Message # 4
Archangel
tora2,

Well i guss this refers to fg-msasuke a lot............
So why i think people like to play with these kind of chars is because it is : "smooth and plays good and has many effects yay."
thats what the people thought when they first played with a cheap char but then after a while it does get boring so don't think
everyone loves to play with cheap chars it is just the thing that everyone wants to test something new and at that stage they
really don't care wether it is cheap or fair.

Leo116Date: Saturday, 2012-05-26, 3:29 PM | Message # 5
Angel
Quote (tora2)
well at least you understand what im saying. I don't get it. why do people enjoy this stuff? wheres the fun.

I think that the best special move should take half or less than half health of the opponent. The fun is fighting with combos like Tekken but its Naruto so it has more jutsu than combos.

tora2Date: Saturday, 2012-05-26, 3:33 PM | Message # 6
The Chosen One
eh maybe thats the case n1 but many of the same people are still enjoying cheap characters lol. yes they need jutsus but you shouldn't need to fully rely on them they can fight with combos and so on to. thats what all the naruto games focus on mostly as well.

N1nYoDate: Saturday, 2012-05-26, 3:36 PM | Message # 7
Archangel
Quote (tora2)
eh maybe thats the case n1 but many of the same people are still enjoying cheap characters lol. yes they need jutsus but you shouldn't need to fully rely on them they can fight with combos and so on to. thats what all the naruto games focus on mostly as well.

People have no talent then.
Really simple as that, when they can't play with something properly they need an attack that always helps them to win and when they find that kind of character they stick to it.

tora2Date: Saturday, 2012-05-26, 3:38 PM | Message # 8
The Chosen One
if thats true it seems my guess was correct ppl just suck lol. they dont want to take the time to learn to get better at a game and want an instant win button basically. that is lame to me.

Leo116Date: Saturday, 2012-05-26, 3:43 PM | Message # 9
Angel
N1nYo, fighting games are easy to play. They are not that much difficult that you need a special which can wipe out th opponent in one hit. If thats the case then I guess some people are lazy.

NatsuDragneelDate: Saturday, 2012-05-26, 3:44 PM | Message # 10
The Chosen One
Awards: 2
Quote (tora2)
that is lame to me.

me 2.

Batman+Natsu : level facepalm.

tora2Date: Saturday, 2012-05-26, 3:57 PM | Message # 11
The Chosen One
well see when i say most of the community not all of them think like my examples mainly the ones who have posted so far seem to think its dumb to. im against broken characters who are basically god unless its to mess around with. if you are making a serious character then actually balance them. if its a joke or you don't care do w/e but at least state its broken alot of good creators do that lol.

KIXDate: Saturday, 2012-05-26, 4:01 PM | Message # 12
Archangel
Making Chars God Mode Sux But Making It A ltl Bit Is Kindda Fun Kindda Like Make The Chakra 10000
Then You Can Use Jutsu's Twice Thats What I Do

http://neuropod.net/imagehost/uploads/c51c674fa9ef4160d2c1ea14a9859c4f.gif <---- 5%

ZerXDate: Saturday, 2012-05-26, 4:34 PM | Message # 13
The Chosen One
Quote (N1nYo)
Well i guss this refers to fg-msasuke a lot............
So why i think people like to play with these kind of chars is because it is : "smooth and plays good and has many effects yay."
thats what the people thought when they first played with a cheap char but then after a while it does get boring so don't think
everyone loves to play with cheap chars it is just the thing that everyone wants to test something new and at that stage they
really don't care wether it is cheap or fair.

I was the first one to say that I prefer KM-MSasuke over FG-MSasuke. The new Sasuke was super fast and unbeatable.

Quote (tora2)

Yep. This is Naruto. When people start coding a Naruto char, they think more about jutsus than combos. I personally prefer Chobits55's chars more than all the others. Some old chars of him remind me how Naruto MUGEN games should really be.

When a Ninja falls, another one rises!

Message edited by ZerX - Saturday, 2012-05-26, 4:34 PM

N1nYoDate: Saturday, 2012-05-26, 4:51 PM | Message # 14
Archangel
Quote (ZerX)
I was the first one to say that I prefer KM-MSasuke over FG-MSasuke. The new Sasuke was super fast and unbeatable.

You still used FG-Msasuke in your Mugen/s

ZerXDate: Saturday, 2012-05-26, 4:52 PM | Message # 15
The Chosen One
Quote (N1nYo)
You still used FG-Msasuke in your Mugen/s

I used both of them.

When a Ninja falls, another one rises!

Forum » general » General M.U.G.E.N Discussion » Whats the enjoyment out of unfair characters? (Im just curious)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Create a free website with uCoz