mugen chars, rare characters
Mugen | CHAT | Need Help with Genral Hireswinmugen - Forum | Registration | Login
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » MUGEN related » Mugen beginners' corner » Need Help with Genral Hireswinmugen (just please take a look :P)
Need Help with Genral Hireswinmugen
markx2475Date: Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 1:55 AM | Message # 1
Baby
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Reproofs: 0%
Well, for starters, hi everybody, first post blah blah blah. nice to meet you all, probably won't post much here happy (i know it seems selfish or somehting)

ok now for the help part happy

i had already played Mugen years ago, but just until recently i discovered what it was.
i have two mugens on the PC, being them the following.

SvC Ultimate Mugen 2007 3rd Battle Edition v2.0. already complete with intro, and some great characters, the bad thing is that it was to focused on the title tongue but it had some great characters, and one damn Magaki wich is cheap!! around roughfly at 70 characters, i think maybe more.

i also have the hireswinmugen that is also on this site, it is the one that comes already with a HRGoku.

So, i on the SvC Mugen have a lot of characters, most that i don't play with. so i am gonna start using the HiresWinmugen, mostly because the other game crashes with some charaters. i intend to transfer most of the Data form the older Mugen to the Hires one, thus deleting everything on the old one, but i need to fill up the Hires one.

now for my problems.

i added already a few characters and they go as they should. i don't think i have any trouble there.

now for starters i need help with the stages. i added the stages from the SvC, but what happens is that the stage is moved half the screen up... and i have Half a black screen wich kinda of makes this cool effects, but give me a headhache.

so i would like to know if i need hi res stages, or am i doing something wrong? if i need hi res stages can you give me some links, or are they specified on the sites database?

also, since this is a ready to play mugen i have nothing, it is just to damn empty it feels weird. i am usualy too lazy, but i will try to make an effot for this. on the other one, i had a custom title screen, a screen pack, a "vs screen", health bars, BGM... well a complete Mugen.
so now that i have nothing i feel a great need to customize it.

so i have already ask for help with the stages. i beleive that to be easy to acomplish.

now i beleive the next most important things are: the menu screen and the Character Select screen. if there are any good ones that any of you know please let me know, i have seen some but they were not cool at all. at the very least need a character sleection screen. because that is what i spend most of my time.

now the Hud, i have seen this one from striderhien on vid in this thread http://mugencharacters.ucoz.com/forum/5-661-1
i love those health bars, if they are not exclusive i would like very much to have them.

as for the character selection screen i have seen some by now, but they don't realy appeal to me, but i have basicly much of those that have slots for 8000 characters....

another thing, i had on the SvC Mugen a Ben 10 character, that i DLed from this site, as soon as he was selected the Game would crash, i have not tried it yet with Hireswinmugen, but was that a common problem with older mugens or what? sorry for the extremly noob question

Added (2009-10-13, 1:55 Am)
---------------------------------------------
so i think i don't need nothing else. just to sum it up here is what i need:

Hires stages, or a way to make the normal ones work on HIreswinmugen.
a screenpack that is OK, i don't want to be greedy or bossy.
THOSE HEALTH BARS!!! :P or some others that are eqqualy cool, but don't have that "Old" feeling as most health bars i see.
BGM would also be nice, i would like to know if i can add any music i want to the game.

well, i want to say thanks, already in advance. and i don't want to seem like a bossy litle noob who comes here demanding all.

i hope you can help with any/all matters here biggrin

also any further doubts i have i will adress them to this thread, since it will make it easier, not to be confused

ALSO (again) i know that there are tutorial's out there and everything, but as i siad above i want to keep it on one trhead so i don't get confused.

also any usefull tips on how to make the mugen btter, or some tips i might not knwo of would be great, i am just saying this, again not trying to be bossy, but in case you hvae some of thoses, for you to share biggrin
also sorry for any bad gramar or senteces that don't make much sense, if you hvay questions regarding something i said, i will try to clear it up the best i can.

also sorry ofr thr Double post, but the message was to long, hope it does not upset anyone sad

"Embrace Your Dreams, Protect Your SOLDIER Honor."

"Embrace The Darkness That Lies Within You."

Message edited by markx2475 - Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 1:55 AM

striderhienDate: Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 2:20 AM | Message # 2
Archangel
Group: contributor
Awards: 4
not upset... but tired as i am the mod of this section... about the lifebars, they are for hi res mugen only and here is the link for the complete screenpack :)

markx2475Date: Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 2:39 AM | Message # 3
Baby
Thanks a lot, now i will check the tutrials here on how to make it work.

and yeah also sorry for the major wall of text, it might be a pain to read all that, hope somebody reads it all and helps me out. since text walls have a demoralizing effect on people.

CloudStrifeDate: Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 3:13 PM | Message # 4
The Chosen One
Awards: 2
about the stages being a half black screen:You need to have WinMugen Plus to use some advanced stages
also the screenpack i recomend is:Type Moon Unlimited

It works only with WinMugen Plus
Contains:Custom portraits,lifebars,lifebars portraits,good BGM,intro,credits.
The image is blur because i used photoshop to save it as a photo

Message edited by CloudStrife - Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 3:16 PM

markx2475Date: Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 8:02 PM | Message # 5
Baby
That is exactly like Melty Blood happy great game...

i realy like the other Life Bars, from Striderhien.

the problems is that i must have done something wrong and the screen pack is "zoomed" in.

for example i on the Hireswinmuigen have around 10-15 characters. but instead of being several lines of characters there is just one, that keeps going right.

now that i think of it, i need to add a lign 2 oe something in the "select" file right? i erased every thing Striderien add there, because it was giving me a error because it cold not load characters nor some stages. so i erased it, maybe i erased it to, i have to type in "ligne2" right?

can't you show more picks of that screenpack?

CloudStrifeDate: Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 8:31 PM | Message # 6
The Chosen One
dude you need WinMugenPlus thats the problem

striderhienDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 1:36 AM | Message # 7
Archangel
arrr.... that screenpack is pretty weird, the working select.def must be put in a "select" folder inside the "data" folder...
about the zoom... use win mugen plus

markx2475Date: Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 3:38 AM | Message # 8
Baby
Quote (striderhien)
about the zoom... use win mugen plus

where do i get that? is it here on the site?

i had already looked trough the already created mugens, and i did not see that...

i tought i just needed to had the ligne2 or somehting, since i was able to go far to right while seing the light of the cursor.

SinGokuDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 8:11 PM | Message # 9
Archangel
Quote (markx2475)
where do i get that? is it here on the site?

should be on mugen infantry.

CloudStrifeDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 11:10 PM | Message # 10
The Chosen One
actualy no its on RandomSelect google "WinMugenPlus RandomSelect"

SinGokuDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 11:16 PM | Message # 11
Archangel
Quote (CloudStrife)
actualy no its on RandomSelect google "WinMugenPlus RandomSelect"

I stand corrected.

markx2475Date: Sunday, 2009-10-18, 3:55 AM | Message # 12
Baby
Thanks. but now i need help with a diferent subject....

i have been trying to record a video to post it on youtube.

i have tried 3 programs so far.

them being: Snagit9, Camtasia6 and Hypercam 2.0.4 i think.

now the problem is this.

i inicate the Mugen, then select the characters i wnt to record. then when i am on the loading screen before the fight, i go back to the desktop, start recording. then i go bakc to the mugen and do what i want to record.

after i finish, i go see the vidoe, and it always turns the same. i have it full screen. but what happens is this: i have the entire desktop (fullscreen) but when i enter the mugen the screen goes black and the mugen is on the top left corner of the "screen" video with the size of a youtube video. a bit smaller.

is that happening becaus ei start recording AFTER i enter the Mugen, or it it because, somethimes, my pc reverts me to th desktop because for a problem i have yet to resolve?

but if that was the case before that happened i shoul have at least some part of it full screen.

i hope i find the solutuionbefore you tell me ^^

now i am going to try and start recording BEFORE entering...

EDIT:.... just tried it and it did not work... always the same thing... i see the entire desktop then the mugen is self gets compacted to the top corner....
i tried specifying the mugen window, i adjusted the coordinates for the entire sceen. i don't know what else to do -_-

also one more, totaly diferent, thing.

is it just me or are there some stages that have not "Upward" Image?

what i mean is, when i sometimes do a big Jump or something the Camera does not follow, while in some stages it does.

Message edited by markx2475 - Sunday, 2009-10-18, 4:04 AM

CloudStrifeDate: Sunday, 2009-10-18, 10:15 AM | Message # 13
The Chosen One
ok first tell me the specs of your computer too see if it isin't performance related

striderhienDate: Sunday, 2009-10-18, 2:27 PM | Message # 14
Archangel

this helped out japX hope it helps you too
it tells how to record sound too

markx2475Date: Monday, 2009-10-19, 2:59 AM | Message # 15
Baby
YES!! that helped a lot ^^

now i will just get mugen plus to get the screen pack working correctly smile

Forum » MUGEN related » Mugen beginners' corner » Need Help with Genral Hireswinmugen (just please take a look :P)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Create a free website with uCoz