mugen chars, rare characters
Mugen | CHAT | Mugen looks bad on my computer - Forum | Registration | Login
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » MUGEN related » Mugen beginners' corner » Mugen looks bad on my computer (Resolution issue i think..)
Mugen looks bad on my computer
numbedDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-30, 3:04 PM | Message # 1
Baby
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Reproofs: 0%
Hello,
I recently discovered the world of Mugen, and i love it!
BUT,
I was able to manage some more characters and to open 3 different packs..
But all of them looked really bad,, i mean on full screen it looked so grainy.

Here are some screen caps for details:
http://img9.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=40384345.png

Am i missing something? should i have a better Video card? maybe something like directx?

Please help!
Thanks.

buyDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-30, 5:09 PM | Message # 2
Angel
Group: Administrators
Awards: 2
Are you using high resolution stages on low res mugen? This makes everything pixellated.

striderhienDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-30, 5:11 PM | Message # 3
Archangel
Group: contributor
Awards: 4
well... the resolution in your pics is pretty bad, but i've seen worse: you could call it a standard resolution for mugen ^^
get winmugen plus and High res chars/stages/screenpacks if you want it to look good

helpmecloneDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-30, 5:59 PM | Message # 4
Knight
well i have seen it and the MAIN MAIN problem was its your addons..(screenpacks intro etc)
maybe you should get high resolution screenpacks...or do this:
1.before downloading a screenpack, you should always take a look of it so you will know whats the good in it
2.if you liked it download it.
3.if on the video/pic, it is high resolution or high quality but on your mugen it looks bad maybe you should do this
If you get an error saying
"This Program has encountered a problem and needs to close".

* turn off "On access scanning" in on antivirus. (it has different names ex. in AVG its called Resident Shield.)

* In some cases the graphics drivers are malfunctioning, so another solution would either be to upgrade the drivers, or if one has the newest drivers already installed, to downgrade the drivers until it works.

* Turn your Hardware Acceleration to Maximum
-First, go on your Desktop
-Right Click it and Click Properties
-Click Settings (Tab)
-Click Advanced Settings
-Select the tab called Troubleshoot
-There should be a bar with a small box u can put back and forth. Pull it to max

* Update Drivers:
control panel->system maintenance->windows update

-click start->programs->click "windows update" / "Microsoft update" your browser will open and all you have to do is follow the steps they give you.(windows xp only)use this one instead of the one in your control panel

-use a popular program like Driver Genius(thats what garaapt did)

-update them one by one this way:right-click my computer->click manage->click Device Manager->right-click on a driver(u can start with your display adapter) then click update.windows will ask if you wanna connect to the internet to search.click "this time only" and another window will pop up,just click next(if windows doesnt ask you to connect then just quit and try something else.dunno why it doesnt ask on some pc.)

-go the to the site of the manufacturer of your pc and find their driver section.

still didnt fix???

Go to My computer , right click and select Properties , click Advanced , click the Settings in the Performance
* It appears another tab that is Performance options . Click Advanced there , click the Change button in the Virtual Memory part
* It appears another table . Click one of the disk drives you have , select Custom size , change the Maximum size to 2000 or 1500 or so , then change the Initial size to 1500 or 1000 or so , just make sure there is at least a 200MB difference ; the click Set . ALL THE OTHER DRIVES CLICK "No paging file" . Then click Set again and Ok in every Tabs you opened before . The computer may require you to restart before the changes take effect .

if it still...maybe you wont be able to play it or update your video card and memory

Message edited by helpmeclone - Tuesday, 2010-03-30, 5:59 PM

uzumakisDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-30, 6:48 PM | Message # 5
M.W.O.G SENUCH AIZEN
Awards: 5
if you are not still able to update it why dont try brothersoft

helpmecloneDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-30, 6:52 PM | Message # 6
Knight
yeah there is

uzumakisDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-30, 6:57 PM | Message # 7
M.W.O.G SENUCH AIZEN
Awards: 5
enerythingis there

Forum » MUGEN related » Mugen beginners' corner » Mugen looks bad on my computer (Resolution issue i think..)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Create a free website with uCoz