mugen chars, rare characters
Mugen | CHAT | Need help putting characters in the game - Forum | Registration | Login
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » MUGEN related » Mugen beginners' corner » Need help putting characters in the game (^^^^^^^^)
Need help putting characters in the game
Cmaci5Date: Wednesday, 2009-11-11, 11:45 AM | Message # 1
Baby
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Reproofs: 0%
I know how to put characters in the game. It's easy. But when I changed the screenpack to MFJ none of my characters showed up. So than I switched to Dragon Ball Sagas. Now some of my characters download but most do not. Can somebody help me with this?

Life_Stream(0xTidusx0)Date: Wednesday, 2009-11-11, 4:13 PM | Message # 2
Adult
you need to add them again, or copy the select.def from your older mugen game to the data folder of this 1.
also, if doesn't work, copy only the name of the characters, and paste in your new mugen game select.def. happy

あなたが子供に行うことはできません。
-Life Stream- Sasuke 100%...
-Life Stream- Yondaime 18%..

MGSSJ2Date: Wednesday, 2009-11-11, 9:34 PM | Message # 3
Mystic Coder
Group: contributor
Awards: 5
Quote (Life_Stream(0xTidusx0))
you need to add them again, or copy the select.def from your older mugen game to the data folder of this 1.

Notice that not always you can copy the old select to the new screenpack, some use special made select files.

Life_Stream(0xTidusx0)Date: Thursday, 2009-11-12, 0:59 AM | Message # 4
Adult
lol, yeah.
what i meant:
''You need to Add it again'', BUT ''if the screenpack it's not special, you can Copy/Paste, would solve )
happy

あなたが子供に行うことはできません。
-Life Stream- Sasuke 100%...
-Life Stream- Yondaime 18%..

Neo_Fire_SonicDate: Saturday, 2009-11-14, 1:41 AM | Message # 5
Hero
Reproofs: 100%
you just need to add your chars from the old select.def file to your new one.

SoupDate: Monday, 2009-11-16, 9:54 PM | Message # 6
Baby
so i just downloaded the hd version from the link above and tried downloading a new character, i pasted it in the char file but it doesnt show up when i start the game. what am i doing wrong?

Added (2009-11-16, 9:54 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
also my computer doesnt recognize what a .def file is

SinGokuDate: Monday, 2009-11-16, 10:27 PM | Message # 7
Archangel
Awards: 2
every mugen character has a .def file, the mugen game itself has a .def file.
open your data folder and you see a select .def file, type your desired character in the indicated location (the file usually tells you where to type in the characters name) and stage and the character should work afterwards.

Pirateboy1280Date: Thursday, 2011-08-18, 6:37 AM | Message # 8
Baby
Adding characters? That's easy!

Just open up "select.def", scroll down to where ti says to add characters, click on the end of that sentence, hit "enter"(or "return"), minimise the file, go to your caracter's folder, left click on it, select "rename", hit ctrl+c, restore "select.def", click on the newly created space, then hit ctrl+v. Save, & yor done.

there's a tutorial vid on youtube - very easy to remember, so you only need to view it once.

Hope this helps...

alekesamDate: Thursday, 2011-08-18, 1:52 PM | Message # 9
Baby
Also, check the character's folder itself. This just happened to me so it's fresh in my head. After doing all of the above mentioned, there were still a few characters missing and I found the files that made the character work was in another folder with the same name.

For example, the path will read like this E://games/mugen/chars/wolverine/wolverine

when it should be like this: E://games/mugen/chars/wolverine

I'm guessing that the reason why they don't show up when this happens is because the data needed by mugen is in that second folder. If this is happening to you, copy all the data for the character that's in that second folder AS IS and put it in the first folder AS IS. It should read it fine now.

Oh, and make sure when you're re-doing your def. files and putting the character in the list that it's listed exactly as it is on the folder.

Anyways, hope this helps.

Forum » MUGEN related » Mugen beginners' corner » Need help putting characters in the game (^^^^^^^^)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Create a free website with uCoz